KRAIBURG Relastec and environmental protection
KRAIBURG Relastec is one of the best known global companies that specialise in the production of technical rubber materials from old tyres. As a recycling specialist, we have for many years been committed to the protection of the environment. Every year, we process and recycle about 85,000 tons of old tyres, closed-cell rubber and rubber production scrap. From these raw materials, we produce high-quality granules based on our internally developed formulations. These granules make up more than 90 % of the material used in our finished products. All our products are 100 % recyclable without loss of quality. KRAIBURG Relastec also makes a positive contribution to reducing CO2 emissions – in Germany alone, 400,000 tonnes of CO2 can be saved annually by using used tyre granulates instead of new rubber materials.
At KRAIBURG Relastec, protecting the environment is a strategic priority. We are convinced that sustainable growth is only achievable, if we meet our responsibilities towards the environment. KRAIBURG Relastec has therefore adopted a very simple policy: Protecting the environment is part and parcel of what we do every day!
Our “pro environment” logo stands not only for 40 years of sustainable business practices that protect resources, but emphasises our commitment to product quality and continuous improvement for the protection of the environment beyond the statutory regulations.
- We turn waste rubber materials into new raw materials and products, making a valuable contribution to waste reduction and the protection of the environment.
- By using these rubber materials, we make a significant contribution to saving CO2.
- Our certification according to DIN EN ISO 50001 is also a demonstrably effective instrument for increasing the energy efficiency of our company and thus reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
- We invest in innovative and environmentally friendly production methods and technologies.
- Our products are subject to continuous quality testing and further development, whereby environmental concerns are given priority. We are always on the lookout for even more environmentally friendly alternatives that enable us to further reduce emissions and protect resources.
- All employees of KRAIBURG Relastec undertake to implement sustainable practices in their daily work and to protect the environment wherever they can.
- We expect the same from our suppliers and constantly monitor their performance.
Eight members of the Working Group Secondary Raw Materials in the Economic Association of the German Rubber Industry (wdk) founded the NEW LIFE initiative at the end of 2019. Its declared aim is to demonstrate the advantages of recycled products from End-of-Life Tires (ELT) to the media, politicians and the general public and to motivate them to act sustainably.