KRAITEC® protective layers for terraces and balconies
Requirements for protective layers beneath terraces / balconies and reasons for them
- Protection for sealing sheet: Preventing high quality seals from mechanical damage
- Tested fire behaviour: For better protection against fire
- Frost-resistant: To minimize the effects of weather on the layers beneath
- Water- and rot proof: For higher longevity of all components
- Integrated separation layer in the event of incompatibility (KRAITEC top PV and KRAITEC top plus): For better compatibility between sealing sheet and building protection mat
- Footfall sound insulation outdoors (DAMTEC sonic, DAMTEC sonic drain plus): Increased footfall sound insulation
- Drainage capability: For avoiding damage resulting from standing water
- Due to the special filter fleece lamination and the profiling beneath the KRAITEC top drain plus and DAMTEC sonic drain plus products, a high degree of drainage effect through and beneath the mat is provided.
- Quick and easy installation: Very cost efficient due to redundancy of heavy equipment
- Uneven subsurfaces: Elasticity allows for an adaptive behavior on uneven surfaces
Solutions with KRAITEC®
- Protection layer in accordance with DIN 18195 part 10
- In accordance with DIN EN 13501-1 Efl (in accordance with DIN 4102, B2)
- No puddle formation, frost-resistancy and water permeability due to open granular structure.
- Protection against rotting and dissolving by water by using specified recycling rubber granulates.
- No migrating of plasticiser between the building protection mat and the sealing sheet due to a fleece and composite film lamination on the back.
- Additional footfall sound insulation is achieved in the system by the use of raw materials that are always high-quality and consistent
- Cost efficient due to quick and easy installation and easy cutting of the material.
- The elasticity of the products provides the ability to adapt to the subsurface and undulations. In this way, complicated cutting can be avoided.